UW-Stevens Point Director of Admissions Details
- Position Description
- The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Admissions. This is a limited, annual appointment starting July 1, 2012.
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP) is consistently a top-ranked school in the U.S. News & World Report ratings of Midwestern public comprehensive universities, focusing on student-centered excellence and internal and external partnerships. One of 13 four-year campuses of the University of Wisconsin System with about 9,100 students enrolled, UWSP is comprised of four academic colleges: Fine Arts and Communication, Letters and Science, Natural Resources and Professional Studies. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Director of Admissions will collaborate with the UWSP Registrar and Director of Financial Aid under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management to develop and execute a comprehensive enrollment management plan. The Director of Admissions is responsible for planning and directing the operations of the Admissions Office. The primary objective of the Admissions Office is to establish, facilitate and implement admission and enrollment policies that support the mission of the University. The Admissions Office develops programs and services that identify and teach prospective students and the public about the variety of academic, non-academic, and co-curricular opportunities available at the University. The essential functions of the Admissions Office are critical to applicants and the vitality of the University. The Director of Admissions provides leadership in the development and implementation of marketing and recruitment plans leading to student admissions and enrollment. Through the use of data-driven decisions, the Director will outline comprehensive strategies to meet enrollment targets of undergraduate new freshmen, transfer, and diversity students.
• Master’s Degree and five years of admissions-related experience in higher education or related profession
• Evidence of strong leadership and administrative skills, including budget and staff supervision
• Ability to analyze problems and apply good judgment in proposing or implementing solutions
• Demonstrated recruitment and marketing efforts used to meet enrollment goals
• Demonstrated experience in recruiting diversity students
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with faculty, staff, administrators, students, alumni, and the public with diplomacy and tact
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
For a detailed position description & application process please see http://www.uwsp.edu/equity/Pages/Academic-Staff-Positions.aspx
Application Deadline: Screening will begin May 29, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, Vietnam era veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Job Posting was Listed
- April 23, 2012
- Application Deadline
- May 29, 2012
- Job URL
- Date Job was Filled
- Not yet Filled